Tuesday, 15 September 2020

The dress

A designer I know and have bought from sent me a text yesterday about something o might like

I went there today and fell in love with it 

The minute I put it on it was me

Even with flat sandals I felt elegant and pretty

It was a red version of a dress I own and wear a lot

But it’s not on my priority list

Nor do I have anywhere I would wear it

He reduced the price but I still couldn’t justify it

To me it’s the train fare to J’s 

Or a return ticket to Ireland

Or a second hand folding bike

Or several driving lessons 

Those are on my list

A beautiful dress is not

18 months ago I would have bought it

But now I don’t need a beautiful dress

I would rather the money pay for a hot water system in Wales 

I felt guilty trying on the dress cos I knew it would be a wrench to take off and not take it home

But my life is more than pretty dresses now


No comments:

Post a Comment