Friday, 7 August 2020

Alcohol

I wrote the other day about how I felt alcohol was controlling me

Well it’s been 5 days since I had a drink 

I walk past the wine rack many times a day 

And I haven’t been tempted even though this week has been hard

I want to enjoy drinking socially again and I can’t do that if it is an addiction

I am back in control 

I think this is this is the difference between somebody that is drink aware and an alcoholic

I was able to stop like that by altering my mindset and making the decision that I WILL NOT DRINK rather than it being forced upon me by circumstance

I am not perfect but every so often I do take stock particularly in light of my brothers alcoholism

With the weather we are currently having it would be very easy to drink outside

In fact I sat in the garden for a while earlier and took out a large glass of ice and munched on that 

In the heat I would be questioning:

Do I want alcohol

Or am I thirsty 

Lines that are very easy to blur 

Especially when there is a bottle open

No comments:

Post a Comment