Tuesday, 4 August 2020

Let's Talk Alcohol (3rd August 2020)

Or let’s not

This is a going to be a hard post to write

Alcohol can be like the best love after

It makes you happy

You can be yourself

It makes you smile and you have a great time with it

And it can be the worst

It makes you question yourself

It scares you and makes you paranoid

It makes you look ugly and needy

It can control you

It can be the last thing you do at night and the first thing you think about on waking

Right now it’s controlling me

It’s not just a glass of wine or a bottle

It’s a bottle of port or vermouth

Easy to pour

Easy to drink

Wine repulses me at the moment and I can’t drink it

So the harder stuff it is

I used to keep it in the garage so I would have to physically go out to get a bottle but we made a little bar in the corner and it’s easily to hand

I am drinking daily and I want to stop

I have to stop

One step/day at a time

No comments:

Post a Comment